Average Customer Rating: 4.7 out of 5 [xrr rating=4.7/5]
Random orbit sanders have been popular since their entry on the market in the early 90’s and the Bosch 1250DEVS Random Orbit Sander continues the quality of this family of sanders to this day.
The Bosch 1250DEVS Random Orbit Sander is able to sand wood to a fine finish through a combination of spinning sanding disks moving in an ellipse. This elliptical movement ensures that the disks never follow the same path twice. The unique movement of the sandpaper disks are not sensitive to the wood grain and leaves no swirl marks.
There are two modes of sanding: the orbital mode just described and a turbo mode that increases the speed by five times that of the normal speed. The purpose of the turbo boost of power is to smooth wood that is rougher than normal. It comes equipped with a selector switch that helps you switch between modes depending on how much speed you need to get the job done.
The 6.5 amp motor with variable speeds from 3,100 to 6,650 rpm is up to the task of doing any sanding work that you need done easily and quickly. The variable speeds of the Bosch 1250DEVS Random Orbit Sander makes smoothing virgin wood, or removing several coats of varnish or paint, easier than ever before.
Other power features of the Bosch 1250DEVS Random Orbit Sander are:
• Soft start function that tones down the start-up torque
• Variable speed dial that makes it extra easy for you to choose the working speed you need for the project
• Pad dampening system that helps prevent swirl marks
• Passive dust collection system available through Bosch to keep area nearly dust free
• Uses 6-hole, 6-inch hook and loop discs that are easily found sold in local department and home improvement stores.
When you purchase the Bosch 1250DEVS Random Orbit Sander, the kit includes a dust tube, soft backing pad, an auxiliary handle that can be used with the left or right-hand, one sanding disc, and a 5 mm pad wrench that attaches to the sander.
Read What Customers Have to Say About the Bosch 1250DEVS 6-1/2-Amp 6-Inch Random Orbit Sander with Vacuum Port
• “I have been involved in woodworking for over 20 years and own a variety of Bosch tools. My latest purchase was the Bosch 1250DEVS Random Orbit Sander to cut down on “sanding” time, and the product lives up to expectations.”
• “I have two Bosch 1250DEVS Random Orbit Sanders and plan on buying a third. I have no complaints about this tool and when I did have a minor issue the Bosch representative on the phone solved my problem. I am a happy customer.”
• “One word “amazing”! The Bosch 1250DEVS Random Orbit Sander is worth every penny. I’m a full time contractor and this sander far out performs any other sander I have used.”
Customer reviews were paraphrased to save space.
Bosch 1250DEVS Random Orbit Sander Review Summary
This random orbit sander received a high rating of 4.25 stars out of a possible 5 stars. Many of the customers use the sander in their work as contractors because of its powerful motor. There were some negative comments made such as “I cannot believe that I paid over $250 for this plastic sander.” Most of the complaints we found felt the random orbit sander was over-priced and did not perform up to the price tag.
We recommend the Bosch 1250DEVS Random Orbit Sander since most of its customers were satisfied with the product and felt it performed as promised. The best price found was at Amazon, because at the time of this writing, there is a great discount on this popular random orbit sander. If you are looking for a heavy-duty, high-performance sander suitable for finishing big jobs quickly and easily, then you may want to look at the Bosch 1250DEVS Random Orbit Sander.
You can buy the Bosch 1250DEVS Random Orbit Sander from Amazon.com, taking advantage of Amazon’s low prices and excellent customer service. Click here to go to Amazon.com